Call us 9am-5pm Mon to Fri0161 233 4497

Employers’ Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) – Information Form

ELTO Information Submission

  • A unique customer reference number is displayed on all correspondence issued by MFL. It will start CC or CP, for example CC012345 or CPO12345. Please call 0161 236 2532 for assistance.
  • Each organisation operating a PAYE scheme is allocated an ERN - this is the reference number for their employees' income tax and national insurance contributions; also commonly referred to as 'Employer PAYE Reference'. Whilst rare, some employers possess more than one ERN, including those operating separate PAYE schemes for difficult business locations. You are required to provide all ERNs for all employers covered on the policy. If this is the case, please ensure you identify which ERN is associated with which company.
  • Insert a full list of insured companies. The insured name(s) should be displayed on the Certificate of Employers' Liability Insurance. This information needs to include a full listing of all subsidiary companies, where applicable.
    There are very few ERN exemptions. In all cases where PAYE is operated, an ERN is allocated to all the employer and the ERN applies to all UK businesses employing one or more people. A minority of employers do not have an ERN, including those that: Pay all their employees below the current PAYE threshold (£503.00 monthly); Are registered in Guernsey and Jersey (these have no tax presence in the UK)