Peace of mind for CIAT members
At CIAT Insurance Services we don’t stand still, and in our efforts to continually look to enhance the insurance products we provide, we are delighted to announce that we have secured capacity for our Professional Indemnity Insurance facility for the next three years.
We regularly undertake a review of our scheme facilities in the insurance market, to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the membership. The review was complicated this year, following notification from the previous scheme insurer Barbican Protect that they were withdrawing from providing Professional Indemnity Insurance to professionals allied to the construction sector.
Accordingly, we identified and approached a number of potential Insurers that we believe would be best placed to provide the scope of cover, claims handling and level of service expected by the membership, at appropriate premium levels.
Despite the above and much uncertainty in the Professional Indemnity Insurance market for those professionals allied to the construction sector, CIAT Insurance Services has secured new capacity with Zurich Insurance plc, an A-rated insurer with a proven track record in the PII market to continue providing insurance solutions to members of CIAT.
Members will continue to benefit from:
- Cover specifically tailored for your business, without any restrictions nor additional conditions to the current policy wording.
- Competitive premiums, subject to individual claims experience.
- Independent advice on a range of insurance products.
- “Free” legal helpline.
- “Free” contract vetting service, such as Collateral Warranties.
- Availability of six years run-off cover. Once you’ve been on the CIAT PII Scheme for two years and had no claims, we can provide an option for free six years run-off cover for your past liabilities when you retire, move back into employment or close the business.
With over 20 years experience working in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists, practices can take the comfort of a long-standing professional indemnity scheme offering a broad scope of cover at competitive rates, along with specialist advice and assistance.
Barbican will continue to honour their insurance commitments to you as a policyholder and the transfer to Zurich Insurance plc will take place when your policy becomes due for renewal. Details of your individual renewal invitation will be provided in advance of your renewal in the usual manner.
Transfer to Zurich Insurance plc will be seamless and details of your individual renewal invitation will be provided in advance of your renewal in the usual manner.
Please do not hesitate to contact any member of the team should you have any questions whatsoever – 0161 233 4497
To make sure you don’t miss any news about the products and services we provide register your details here.